Offline Frankie Kam

• Tornado - how low can you go (fly)?
    • My blog
Tornado
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »
Hi! If you are still playing Tornado, or intend to do so, then you are a rare breed of Flight Sim gamer! Please sign my Guesbook by posting a message here so that I can keep in touch with you. Also other rare breed of Tornado Gamers can network with you. To post to this Guestbook, click the REPLY button. Cheers, Frankie Kam. Malaysia.

tom

Re: Tornado
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 11:23:07 AM »
In the last 20 years I played many flight sims, but Tornado was the absolute best. In my opinion modern flight simulations are better only in the field of flight physics and graphics.
And now I am happy that I Tornado running again on my PC after 10 years after the Dosbox I intall yesterday. I am happy;)
Thank you for your homepage for this grandiose flight simulator !!

Unholy

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »
Surely the best simulator ever made! I still didn't saw anything as the mission planner of this simulator.... just too good! I miss it a lot! Is really possible to use it under Win 7 64 bits? Regards!

Zurger6

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »
Well, IMHO maybe second best after SFS-PC, the German sailplane simulator, but still amazing.

I'll never forget years ago watching a Tornado fly across my heading a mile ahead and bomb an airfield, watching the junk lift up off the ground, and then me dropping mine in turn seconds later, all exactly according to plan.

I think the music isn't working.

Thanks for this site, TornadoMan. Great stuff.

Zurger6

Zurger6

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 07:38:16 AM »
I just remembered, in SFS-PC as you fly around hunting for thermals, every once in a while a Tornado flies by underneath you at low level, very fast. Anyone else remember that?

Brewc

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 03:40:34 PM »
I still cherish the box and manual - inc Desert Storm! My mate was on 29 Sq at the time so I even have a squadron sticker on the back of the box. If only I had the time to fiddle with Dosbox and get it running....maybe wait til I retire! Thanks for keeping the flame burning.

Ioannis

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
Hi, thanks for keeping this site alive. I have a request, is it possible to upload somehow the patch TMF version 1.07? the NVG part of the 1.06 version included in the zip file that can be downloaded from the "download all patches" link, does not work with the Desert Storm expansion unfortunately.

Frankie

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 11:00:40 AM »
Hi Loannis. You're in luck! I've just uploaded the updated "Download all patches" that contains the file that you are looking for. tmf107.zip. Stay in touch. My E-mail address is boonsengkam at gmail dot com. See ya!

Ioannis

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
Thank you for digging out those ancient files, really appreciate it!!

Götz

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 09:29:06 AM »
Hi Tornadoman,

I just had a look at your fantastic Tornado-site. It's great to see people still dedicated to this cool '90 sim. Really interesting stuff you collected there!
Maybe you can give me a hint on an issue with Tornado that bothered me 20 years ago - and still does today after rediscovering some of the good old DOS games with Dosbox: I've never - not in '93 and not today, not with the inital disk based release and not with a later budget CD version 1.0e - been able to properly finish WZ 1, Mission 9 "EWR Dawn Attack" and WZ 2, Mission 3 "Early warning radar blackout" the way they are originally designed. In both missions the first EWR radar/X-target never activates, no matter how early or high I pop up, instead I get some kind of phantom EWR radar from somewhere else and out of firing range and direction. Y-target in both missions work as intended. Is this some weird, never fixed bug - or am I doing something wrong? There is a similar mission on the Desert Storm expanision (WZ 4, Mission 2 "EWR Strike") where everything works fine when using ALARM missiles, but in the original content missions X-target EWR radar seems to be chronically broken for me. If this really is bugged, I don't get how they could leave something so obvious unfixed. : (

Thanks and best regards, keep up the good work,

Götz

whitehot

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 08:24:01 AM »
Hello man. What can I say.. It's been one of the greatest sims ever. I've been into all the Falcon series, the EF-2000, TAW and so on. I've been in DCS since Flanker 1.0 and it's currently THE military sim for me (no Falcon anymore since long time). But Tornado has always been like one of those gems that you don't forget if you're a simmer. I remember trying to perfect loft bombing, and the joy and amusement watching the bombs follow their trajectory and hit targets.. Also, the very complex missions, trying to follow the preset times to the second - it was great and made coordinated strikes perfect. This was one of the (rare) sims where you could make a detailed plan, and if all went well, see it coming to accomplishment.. it was a great feeling. Also the lethality of enemy fighters, I remember being very wary of them, as A2A encounters often went awry in the IDS.. Anyway: I believe that if there is a way to have a likely simulator today, it has to be a DCS module. I really hope somebody gets it done someday. Cheers, and happy simming! -DCS forums whitehot78.

dlong

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
I loved Tornado, but after a few new computers couldn't get it to load again. Any place to get a version that will run on today's computers? If not, what do you suggest as the second best game? Loved reliving the memories with your site.

Simone Serponi

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2016, 05:38:09 PM »
More than 20 years are past since the day I bought Tornado and still it has a special place in my hearth: A Gorgeous game that own all of the features "needed" by a modern Fly Simulators game.
I really miss the Digital Integration and their mastepieces!

KenShjIN

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 08:09:52 PM »
Hey Dude !

Nice to see there are other Pople out there still Playing Tornado today ! This and Microprose´s F-14 Fleet Defender always have a special Place in my Heart ( and HD:) ) Evenif i enjoy today´s Flightsim´s alot ( DCS,LOMAC,Falcon BMS) i always come back to play Tornado once in a while...Still waiting for Tornado 2,keep pn dreaming.Oh and great Site btw ! thx for that.Greetings from Germany (Where we´re still flying these Beasts....).

Mike O'Neill

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 02:01:48 PM »
THis was absolutely my favourite Flight Sim: planning & executing quite complex missions with what were (at the time) excellent graphics. Few games thereafter have grabbed me in quite the same way.